- Struggling with knee pain?
- Tossing and turning in bed because you can’t find a comfortable position?
- Frustrated and wondering why the painkillers, stretching, and rest aren’t working?
- Having difficulty walking up and down the stairs?
- Limping because you can’t put weight through the leg?
- Stressed you can’t do your daily activities because of your pain?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are not alone. As a matter of fact, this is what we hear from our patients all the time! Knee pain is one of the most common problems that we see in our clinic.
Two of the big questions we get asked are “Why is this happening to me?” and “Why does my knee pain last longer than it should?”
Here are some reasons to why your knee pain continues:
- You thought it would go away naturally with time and rest.
- You accepted it as normal to have knee pain and arthritis as you age.
- You relied on painkillers from your doctor or family members. The relief was temporary and required you to keep taking the medication.
- You believed knee supports would fix it, but it didn’t make a difference.
- Maybe you gave up on your recovery after seeing various health care professionals, including a physiotherapist, because no one could offer a long-term solution.
If this is you, we believe there CAN be a solution and we want to get you back on the right track. We invite you to book a call with one of our physiotherapists in Vancouver. This initial phone appointment is complimentary and requires no obligation to book future appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
What can I do RIGHT NOW to start getting rid of my knee pain?
- Make an ACTIVE decision to do something about it. Many people wait for the pain to go away, only to find that it persists for more than 5 months and nothing has changed…or it even gets worse.
- Find out why the knee pain started. That doesn’t mean looking up symptoms online or watching online videos. Instead, start making a list of potential reasons why your knee hurts. Better yet, go see a physiotherapist for an accurate assessment of why you have pain/symptoms.
- Get real hands-on physiotherapy. In our experience, there are certain parts of the body that need assistance with moving in the right direction that you simply can’t get with stretches. Once the body starts healing in the right way, then stretches and exercises can help speed up the recovery process.
- Do the right exercises. One of the best things to ease your back pain and prevent it from returning is doing the correct set of exercises. With the appropriate exercises from a physiotherapist, your pain will reduce, your flexibility will increase, and your strength will improve.
- Avoid sitting for long periods of time and get moving. If you sit for too long or in an awkward position, the body will tend to become tight and stiff. This is the last thing that you want to feel when you are already in pain. One common example of this would be crossing your legs or propping your legs on a chair. One of the best things you can do is work on your posture and move often! Combined with hands-on physiotherapy and the correct exercises, you will become healthier and more active again!
If you would like to know how the team at Zachary Hum Physiotherapy can help you live with reduced knee pain, we invite you to book your first Discovery Visit with no obligation and free-of-charge at our clinic!
Book a Discovery Visit.
To book your free phone/virtual consultation, please fill out the form below so that we know how to best help you!
So, what happens if you choose Zachary Hum Physiotherapy?
Here are a few things that our therapist can do for you:
- We can reduce the pain and stiffness in just a few sessions.
- We can figure out what is really going on and get to the source of your knee pain.
- We can break the cycle of sleepless nights.
- We will provide you with exercises that will speed up your recovery.
- We can help you stop relying on painkillers that aren’t good for your long term health.